Sunday, February 28, 2010

A random day lost in time........part 2

Sequels generally flop pretty bad....i hope this one doesn't...

I was sitting in class bobbing my head like a jackass trying to portray as if I understood every word the professor said while my hands were busy (ahem) printing out an assignment which was due in an hour. The professor suddenly switched to the question answer session, “what is round robin scheduling?" he asked. “Yes you”…he was pointing to my friend sitting next to me busy doing the same thing I was but was a little less smart while doing that. Anna my friend stood up and assumed the form of a saint. “Scheduling …..blah blah blah….actually sir …..white house….’Batla’….mulund…(random crap)” (All along with an incredible constipated expression on his face). The class was trying hard not to laugh while the professor was frantically trying to make sense of what Anna just said, not convinced he moved his eyes on me and I asked “Question professor?”, the professor did not bother to answer my Question with his question, next up was lulla. He got up and as expected did not know the answer but was still allowed to sit down, because his hand was in a cast or because the professor had feelings for him is not known yet.

**Anna - Mulund Yellow Pages. He probably carried the phone number for every "Mulund ka aadmi" in his cell phone. He has this habit of inviting everyone he met from Mulund to his house..."Are tu mulund mein rehta hai? Mere ghar pe aa milne" was his sincere request everytime. There was one instance where I told me I had to pee real bad and he said “Mera uncle baaju mein rehta hai uske idhar muut ke aa sakta hai”.

**Lulla - Vishesh - The Broken Bone Boy is an eternal lulla because he has this peculiar habit of getting his bones fractured regularly. He is also anti-engineering because he never took any extra coaching throughout his glorious years in Somaiya but yet cleared everything without KT’s, his achievements also include certifying files for hopeless cases with such precise signatures that made the real one’s look fake.

The Mexican wave of people being asked questions and made to sit on answering was furiously moving along the classroom when suddenly the wave was disturbed, standing on the door showcasing 30 of his 32 pearlies was “Sankhe”

**Sankhe cannot be described, you have to experience this legend. Amongst his many legendary stories is one which I experienced firsthand. I met Sankhe in college when he was about to write one of his KT exams for the third time, on being asked whether he would ever clear it he convinced us he was progressing when he said “First attempt mein main 5 min baitha, second mein 10 min…progress kar raha hun”. It was then that he realized that he had forgotten his hall ticket, he made his brother come down from Mulund to deliver his hall ticket….what made my day was what Sankhe told his brother when he arrived “15 minute ruk dono saath mein nikalte” (And he kept his promise).
Sankhe was standing in the door wanting to come in, on being asked why he was late….Sankhe was sentimental “Meri daadi bimar hai sir” (This was a new because it was usually “Bhai ka fees”). He was allowed to come in and was the reason for the question answer session ending. Nothing much exciting happened after that except the professor muttering “What is your ‘poblem’?” a couple times to people seemingly more disturbed than the other students.

The lukkhas were free for 10 mins till the next 2 hour ordeal began. It was time for Bhavesh ka badbad, Shinde ko bumps, lulle ka shanpatti, Ranka ka ganda dekho, Rama ka rona, Pappi ki lalkaar, Sai ka padna bimar,Vinod ka chamdigiri , Anna ka ragpatti, Owlekar ka guitar, “Bhaiya ka ghaati jokes”. Well just to set the record straight our “Group” I’m sure was the creator of PJ’s in the world, no really we were BADASS pakau, to the point of sounding alien to people around us but I carved a niche for myself with my ‘khudki maaro’ jokes. I’ve never had a day in college when I was not told “bhaiya tu ghar ja”…and in a strange twisted way I am proud of that…..ask my current friends and I haven’t really changed much (fortunately or unfortunately is for you to decide).

**Owlekar - was the guitarist of the group who just like Nimit was often blank during conversations and so was referred to as "Blanko". We've had many a memorable singing sessions thanks to him.

**Vinod – He was the ultimate chamdi, he had the nastiest observations for people, you argued with him at your own peril. He was also the partner during out group studies during the last few semesters and probably the only reason I cleared my engineering with “Sar utha ke jeeyo” grades.

The lectures ended and I left with my usual hang out mates Vinod and Anna to have some Maggi Bonda, lecher at some ladies and generally waste time….followed by ofcourse FOOTBALL!

2 comments:

Lost....................... said...

Awesome post bhaiyya - Your greatest achievement to date , really :)
I was laughing my head off reading this ... mera roomie soya tha woh bhi uth gaya :)
Sach me yaar kya group tha apna - all chamdis and chhindis, and everyone unique.

Nimit said...

Once again, awesome one bhaiyya ! I cried in laughter when I was reading about Sankhe... could actually visualize his innocent smile !